NoHo Hearings at CB2
The following are the NoHo-centric topics to be reviewed this month, but you should check back for updates as schedules and applications often change.
On Monday, July 1st the Landmarks Committee heard an application for 375-379 Lafayette St., 30 Great Jones St. and 32-38 Great Jones St. (Edison Parking) to construct a new parking attendant booth with ticket machines and to install bollards and a bike rack. This had previously been reviewed with the plans for the new green fencing. The planned relocation of the attendant booth is to relieve congestion at the corner and to flow entering and leaving traffic more efficiently.
UPDATE: Mon., 7/15, 6:30 PM – NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 206 (I.D. Required). Second Landmarks hearing
- *31 Bond Street Application is to alter the existing storefront infill, remove the rear shaft extension and install new windows, and construct a rooftop addition.
Food and Beverage
Tues., 7/9, 6:30 PM-St. Anthony of Padua, 151-155 Sullivan Street, Lower Hall. SLA Committee – #I Richard Stewart, Carter Booth, Co-Chairs
- 31 Great Jones Restaurant Corp. d/b/a Five Points, 31 Great Jones St. 10012. UPDATE: Upon inquiry we have learned that this application will reduce the previous corporation by one person. There are no other changes.
Apps. to the SLA for New Beer and/or Wine Licenses:
- Mile End Sandwich, 53 Bond St. 10012 – Denied at their first application. Though the Street #’s imply differently, this is the same lot as #55 Bond. Would advise NOT recommending based on the potential for one or the other in this location being combined at some future time.
- Kings 55 Group, Inc. d/b/a Le Philosophe, 55 Bond St.10012. Opposed at the first application but granted at SLA because of prior W&B. UPDATE: Application is for an alteration to add a sidewalk cafe to their license.
- Can Carlos, 5 Bleecker St. 10012. New Proprietor and venue at the location where we have enjoyed Bianca for many years. The applicant will be seeking a wine and beer license, only. A Community Agreement is anticipated. While we are heart-broken to lose Bianca the owners are hoping to open at another location nearby. POSTPONED pending community meeting regarding venting and HVAC. Expect this will be heard in September,
Wed., 7/10, 6:30 PM – Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Avenue (corner of Bleecker St.), Auditorium. LAND USE AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT Tobi Bergman, Chair.
- 31 Bond Street (south side between Lafayette and Bowery). Application #176-13 BZ to the Board of Standards and Appeals pursuant to ZR 72-21 to permit retail on the first floor and residences on the second through sixth floors of an existing building in an M1-5B zone in the NoHo Historic District. Our concern will be to prohibit the leasing of the retail space for licensed F&B venues.
Traffic and Transportation
Wed., 7/10, 6:30 PM – NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 206 (I.D. Required). TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION Shirley Secunda, Chair
More plans for Bike Stations: *Presentation by NYC Dept. of Transportation concerning installation of bicycle facilities at the following locations:
1. W. Broadway from Canal to Houston Sts.
2. LaGuardia Pl. from Houston St. to Wash. Sq. S.
3. Wash. Sq. S. from Wash. Sq. W. to Wash. Sq. E.
4. Wash. Sq. E. from Wash. Sq. S. to Wash. Sq. N.
5. Wash. Sq. N. from Wash. Sq. E. to 5th Ave.
6. Broome St. from W. Broadway to Varick St.
7. Varick St. from Broome St. to Canal St.