SIDEWALKS, PUBLIC FACILITIES & PUBLIC ACCESS Maury Schott, Chair
Thurs., 10/6 @ 6:30 PM – Tony Dapolito Recreation Center, 3 Clarkson St. Third Floor
- Renewal App. for revocable consent to operate an Enclosed sidewalk cafe for: Starbucks Corporation d/b/a Starbucks Coffee Company, 454 Lafayette St. with 25 tables & 77 seats, DCA# 0924582
LANDMARKS & PUBLIC AESTHETICS 1st MEETING Sean Sweeney, Chair
Tues., 10/11 @ 6:30 PM– NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 208
- 33 Bond St.-Application is to construct rooftop and rear yard additions. The original plans filed in 2009 for the combining of two lots and the addition of floors five thru nine, raising the height of the building to 122′ were disapproved by DOB, possibly because LPC approval in a Landmarked District would be required. This is definately one to keep close tabs on, particularly because it is a contributing building in the district and the additions would be substantial and it now seems the owner is seeking LPC approval. The application also mentions hotel use as being permitted, though there is no definitive statement in that regard.
TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION Shirley Secunda, Chair
Tues., 10/11 @6:30 PM –NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 705
- *Request for tour bus route regulation and discussion including 9/11 charter bus routes.
- Presentation by NYC Dept. of Transportation on new Bike Share program.
SLA LICENSING # II Richard Stewart Raymond Lee, Co-Chairs
Thurs., 10/13 @ 6:30 PM-NYU Meyer Building, 4 Washington Place, Room 122
- Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for New License to sell liquor on-premise: Lemage Inc. d/b/a Quartion Bottega Organica, 11 Bleecker St. NYC 10012-(upgrade). This location has never held a full OP license and is subject to a 500′ rule hearing. Granting a full OP license this far into the block from Bowery has significant ramifications.
- Apps. to the SLA for Alteration to sell liquor on-premise: Bowery Poetry Club, Inc. 310 Bowery, NYC. The immediate consideration is a change in the interior configuration of this establishment. There have been ongoing issues with the operation, a Certificate of Occupancy, emergency egress and a Public Assembly Permit. There may be more specific information to share from th applicant prior to this meeting.
FULL BOARD Brad Hoylman, Chair
Thurs., 10/20 @ 6:00 PM-Public School 130, 143 Baxter Street, Auditorium
THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:00 PM. SPEAKERS’ CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM 6:00 TO 6:30 PM.
PRECINCT COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETINGS:
- 9th Precinct, Tues., 10/18 @ 7:00 PM 9th Pct. Station House, 321 East 5th St. 2nd Floor. An increase in crime and nightlife-related disturbances in NoHo should be followed, closely.