There are numerous funds working to shore up art and nonprofit organizations. The top three are:
- The New York Foundation for the Arts has compiled a list of organizations offering emergency grants to artists impacted by COVID-19.
- The New York Community Trust has a fund for loans and grants to NYC Nonprofits: https://www.nycommunitytrust.org/covid19/
- Robin Hood Relief Fund: www.robinhood.org/relief-effort/
Assemblymember Glick offers this guidance:
The City has issued the following guidance for nonprofit businesses to address questions about contractual obligations and logistics:
- Nonprofit Business Continuity Guidance (PDF, March 15)
In the meantime NoHo has an impressive list of art institutions offering On-Line Art lectures and performance:
- Aicon Contemporary is proud to present a short film on M. F. Husain’s Untitled (After “Gandhi”) or The Attenborough Panels. Given the current need to stay home and social distance, we decided to make a movie about the Attenborough Panels, so we could take this historic and spectacular M. F. Husain painting directly to you.
- The New Museum: VIEW ONLINE EXHIBITION
“We=Link: Ten Easy Pieces” is presented as part of First Look: New Art Online, a series of innovative online projects and new commissions copresented by Rhizome and the New Museum. Check out past First Look exhibitions here.
- The Public Theater: Productions to view free online: https://publictheater.org/
- Joe’s Pub Live! From the Archives, a free series of video performances that were recorded on their iconic stage. This week’s programming features archived performances from Divahn, Hear Her Song, and Thurber Theater! Live! with premiere new performances every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 8PM on their YouTube channel, until the day they can once again welcome you into the room.
- LaMama: http://lamama.org/livestreams/
- The Bowery Poetry Club has Wednesday online poetry writing sessions streaming on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/B-pf6vPByU3/