SLA LICENSING Raymond Lee, Richard Stewart, Chairs
Wed., 3/9 @ 6:30 PM-St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St. Lower Hall
New License applications to sell liquor on-premise:
- An Entity to be formed by Evan Cohen & Joseph Cirillo, d/b/a Gonzalez y Gonzalez, 192 Mercer St. (W. Houston St. & Bleecker St. NYC 10012-(transfer)
- Paul O’Sullivan, Terence Dunne or entity to be formed, d/b/a The London Irish, 45 Bleecker St. NYC 10012 . A meeting with NoHo Stakeholders and the applicant was held on March 1st. The plan would convert the former theater space to an organic hair salon and a 400-person gastro pub. The location previously had a very limited wine and beer license for the theater concession area only. This would be the largest licensed establishment in NoHo. This is a high alert item for NoHo.
- The Wren LLC, The Wren, 344 Bowery, NYC 10012. This applicant is taking over the former Sala space and has attended meetings with area stakeholders. A Community Agreement is in the offing.
- Entity to be formed, 34 E. 4th St. NYC 10003-(transfer). There are five contiguous restaurants in this location including the B Bar and Grill. It is advised that NoHo Stakeholders attend if there are issues to address with this particular location.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill of Colorado, LLC, d/b/a Chipotle Mexican Grill, 625 Broadway, Btw Houston & Bleecker. We believe this is related to the license transfer from Gonzalez & Gonzalez.
Alteration Applications to sell liquor on-premise:
- GDP Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a Agozar, 324 Bowery aka One Bleecker St. NYC 10012. We do not know the nature of this alteration, but this location is highly dense and warrants attention.
- Garden Cafe Associates, dba Bowery Bar and Grill, 40 East 4th St. NYC 10003. This application is related to last month’s application for a large sidewalk cafe and take out window. The sidewalk application was denied by CB#2 in February and will be subject to a City Council hearing. Though the owner has agreed to meeting with Community representatives, they have NOT agreed to any necessary changes in their notorious method of operation or to any modifications in their sidewalk plan. UPDATE 3/3/11. 10:30 AM – B Bar has agreed to lay this item over to the April calendar.
- Ark Sub One Corp. d/b/a Gonzalez y Gonzalez, 625 Broadway, NYC 10012. We believe this is related to the license transfer from Gonzalez & Gonzalez.
Apps. to the State Liquor Authority (SLA) for a New License to sell Beer and/or Wine:
- Forcella Eatery, Inc. d/b/a Forcella, 334 Bowery, NYC 10012. This application is in a location never previously licensed and in a highly dense area of existing OP licenses. It is another high alert application for NoHo
In addition to correspondence on any of the above High Alert items, that should be addressed to CB#2 Manhattan, please sign the online petition regarding liquor license applications in NoHo.